AC90: AG-AC90A camera bags or cases...

Lake Films

Hey guys. I just purchased the AG-AC90A and wanted to know what bags/cases you guys are using? I have many bags and cases but the issue is that the camera with the mic holder attached is very tall and nothing fits it! It would not be a good idea IMO to keep attaching/re-attaching the mic holder when you need it. So, any suggestions on what you are using? Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been using Porta Brace Cargo Case. I can leave a shotgun mic attached while in the case, but I unplug the XLR cable to avoid any pressure on the cable. The bag is deep enough to zip up on top, although I do wish it was just a bit taller/deeper. You can get it on B&H or Amazon, (search: CAR-2CAM) for ~$150.00 at the time of this writing.

Last edited:
There are like a zillion bags out there - really comes down to, do you prefer a hard case or soft, a pelican-style or tenba style, or a backpack-style?

I prefer hard cases with velcro dividers vs. foam - but every time I upgrade to the next panasonic, it gets bigger (AC 160's big, don't know about the 90) so it can be tough to find a hard case to fit.

The 130/160 will just fit in a pelican 1550 (or the similar SKB size), with the mic mount feeling a bit high, but plenty of room for batteries/controllers/etc.

Still, much as I dislike it, mine ends up in a ThinkTank backpack often (OK, they're awesome backpacks) - that damn mic mount - and I almost never mount a mic on the thing, I try to get better audio than from-camera.

I like hard case or soft, I have both. Yes, that darn mic holder is very high and not easy to remove and I know those screws will get lost if removed everytime I want to bag the camera. I need it attached for jobs. So, I need a very deep bag/case.

Back