Youtube? Insert images into posts? Used to be able to.

Is it just the browser and its anti-tracking plugins I have installed, or is everybody here unable to now insert video, insert images into posts? I used to be able to, now I no longer see those as options when composing a message like this, and yes I am in advanced mode for editing. I know dvxuser did a software upgrade not too long ago, perhaps that is the culprit?
 
Last edited:
Okay, solved! In my Settings here on dvxuser, I had General Settings set so that my editing of posts was using the Basic Editor, not the Full WYSIWIG editor. Now I see the good old familiar glyphs in the editing/replying/composing toolbar for adding photos/images, video, links. Whew.

Just testing--- youtube of soundtrack mix from a tv show i like, Sanctuary (music co-composed by Joel Goldsmith, son of the legendary film composer Jerry Goldsmith who passed a few years ago):


And a test image (quick sketch i did)...

sketch-then.jpg

:)
 
Last edited:
alternatively, you can always use the bbcode for video embeds....

Code:
[ VIDEO]full url to video you want to embed[/ VIDEO]


no spaces between the tags. No spaces in the actual "video" tag. Just had to add them so you could see it. It serves the same function as the little filmstrip icon in the editor. Will work for youtube, vimeo, and some others.
 
Back
Top