Youtube Credits

Are there rules around crediting people that worked on a project that you produced for a client? Sometimes I produce youtube videos for a clients. In the youtube video info, some clients credit me as the producer, some don't, and sometimes there is room for having the rest of the crew in the credits. I've found that real estate in the youtube video info can sometimes me in high demand for sponsors etc.

What about rolling credits at the end of a film. I know all films have it but if there was no previously discussed credit agreement, is it at the producers discretion who winds up on the credits or whether there are credits at all?

discuss....
 
In the UK the rights of a copyright work include "The right to be identified as the author."

So unless your contract/agreement over rules that then you can demand it or the client will be in breach of contract

basically it is up for negotiation - and the creatives should hold the cards

S
 
Back
Top