I can't seem to export anything in FCP7 without an Out of Memory error. This began after installing FCPX on the same HDD. I later read somewhere that it's foolish to put them on the same HDD, but it looks like that's the source of the error. I'm getting the same thing on several projects, and have tried my usual General Error/Out of Memory Error fixes.
(from my Post It):
1. Replace CMYK images with RGB
2. Check hard drive space
3. Delete Render files
4. Create New User: Quit FCP and open up System Preferences. Click on the Accounts icon. Create a new user. Then log out of the operating system and log back in as the new user.
5. Trash Preferences: Quit FCP and double-click on your Macintosh HD. Browse to Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/ Final Cut Pro User Data. Delete the files called "Final Cut Pro 4.0 Preferences & Final Cut Pro POA Cache.
6. Repair Disc Permissions: Quit FCP, navigate to the Applications folder, then the Utilities folder and open the Disk Utility. Select the Macintosh HD in the left field, and the Repair tab on the right. Click on the "Repair Disk Permissions on Macintosh HD" button. Holding down the Shift key while restarting will force the Mac to run File System Check.
My current workaround is to swap drives and export on another Mac. I am about to uninstall FCPX, but before I do, any thoughts?
(from my Post It):
1. Replace CMYK images with RGB
2. Check hard drive space
3. Delete Render files
4. Create New User: Quit FCP and open up System Preferences. Click on the Accounts icon. Create a new user. Then log out of the operating system and log back in as the new user.
5. Trash Preferences: Quit FCP and double-click on your Macintosh HD. Browse to Users/<your user name>/Library/Preferences/ Final Cut Pro User Data. Delete the files called "Final Cut Pro 4.0 Preferences & Final Cut Pro POA Cache.
6. Repair Disc Permissions: Quit FCP, navigate to the Applications folder, then the Utilities folder and open the Disk Utility. Select the Macintosh HD in the left field, and the Repair tab on the right. Click on the "Repair Disk Permissions on Macintosh HD" button. Holding down the Shift key while restarting will force the Mac to run File System Check.
My current workaround is to swap drives and export on another Mac. I am about to uninstall FCPX, but before I do, any thoughts?