Work

hermmermferm

Well-known member
Hi All,

Here's some work I wanted to share, far from everything, mostly drafts, I'm lazy about my reel:


Jumbled tests from the new C4D release


Music video done for my buddy. I wanted to focus on the lyrics only.


Anamorphic particle and tracking experiments. Some compositing ideas for a Sci Fi I'm working on, wanted to make sure Anamorphic would track decently.


Compositing timelapse for a PBS show I edited, field produced and did VFX work for.

If you have time, bookmark worldsbestdadmovie.com It's a feature I shot 2 years ago, finally found an editor for and should be finished later this year for festivals. No CGI, it's a road trip comedy to Burning Man. Only the NY trailers is up, trust me, much more to come.

Oh, and I recently lost a contest: http://vimeo.com/9382205

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I hope to upload more later this week. Thanks for watching!
 
Last edited:
He should have the links up soon.

I'm very impressed with his work. I love what he's done. Amazing.
 
Thanks so much Gord, really nice of you to say. Here's some more:


I think the ending is the best part of this experiment.. Wanted to draw the connection between real life and the blueprint "war plans."

http://blip.tv/file/610676 - Nickelodeon ****

http://blip.tv/file/134933 - Old college video art. I'm still very proud of this one, done frame-by-frame and all the effects you see were done in camera
 
Hi hermmermferm. Interesting stuff PBS timelapse was nice. You had some slipping in some of your match moving experiments.
 
Thanks Josh. I think PFHoe does a better job than SynthEyes sometimes. I can almost tell the difference on some of the shots.
 
Really I would be suprised if PFhoe is better than synthEyes on some shots. I've used SynthEyes professionally even on a couple of features and it holds up well. Typically tracks slip because of the shot and the user. Also, SynthEyes is heavily used on big budget movies all the time like Avatar.

I used PFhoe once then sold it! Though, PFTrack is great.
 
Yeah, Syntheyes is better.. But for speed, tight deadlines and anxious clients nothing beats chucking a manageable shot in PFHoe and running an auto-track.. Of course, I don't do very much work in C4D or PFHoe so you likely know better. I mostly edit commercials.. FCP, AE, Avid..etc
 
That's cool I learned Avid at school but my current job uses FCP so now I'm learning that. Keep up the great work man!

From my experience SynthEyes has a fantastic autotracker but I hear Bouju's is even better.

-Josh
 
Back
Top