Wireless Video Asst

Taylor Moore

Veteran
Does anyone know of a good device that will do wireless video asst to a monitor. Where by you set the TV/monitor to a specific channel. I don't want to put a reciever on the TV, but to just use the transmitter off of the camera.

It also would be great if it came off the camera as a S-video signal, but that might have to be powered?
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

that would be cool.. I like the concept JVC did with thier 3 chiper and the MPEG4 streaming, but quality wise I dont think you could use it for monitoring. Would be nice if one of the wireless audio companies added a UHF feed along with the wireless audio.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

My technician designs and builds a video transmitter for betacam and 35mm, but he is currently modifying it for me to work on the DVX. His website is www.gve.net

video1.jpg
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

Thanks Tim,
Where is it getting it's power from? Also do you have to have a reciever for the TV? What sort of mods did he do to have it work with the DVX?

Hey Tim, I used to cut for Alar at Bananazz, with Barry F. Ha
Small world.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

and Buder! ;) Ha... must have been an interesting time.

At the moment my tech is planning to just power the transmitter from an NP1 (for about 8hours of run-time), but I have given him one of my big 5300Mah Panasonic batteries to create a breakout cable that will steal power from the same battery that runs the DVX.
I'm getting it ready for a steadicam shoot next week, so we'll see how it works. I'm just going to gaff tape it to the sled.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

Buder ha, Scott Carelton is one of my oldest friends.

What kind of coin am I looking at to get one of these?

Also does it require a specific reciever on the monitor or can you just dial into a specific channel?

Do you know Jane Broadfoot?
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

Is she with 3rd floor?   I don't know her personally.   I don't know Scott either (I don't think.)

I think price to buy one of these transmitters is around $700, but I'm not really sure.   He mostly just sells them to steadicam guys, but you could probably rent one from Whites or Panavision.
I think he makes them tune to different frequencies.  THe one pictured is CH30 UHF.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

cool.. that is very cool. I want one please.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

thanks ftroop.. thats exactly what i needed!
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

mmm... i have an x10 wireless 2.4 thing just like that!~
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

Hmmmm! Hook it up to your car and drive it down into a huge ravine. Of course, you'll have to jump out at the last second. But that should make for some interresting action footage.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hope you're insurance covers such an "accident"? ::)
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

...you know i actually did that very thing some odd years ago when i was a deviant teen. except we lit the car on fire first. anyway.. i better shut my attic door before more of those types of skeletons fall out.
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

Verrrryyyyy interesting!!! Go on... we're listening? Did you at least take a picture? :D Not that we want to bribe you or anything. ;D
 
Re: Wireless Video Asst

lol.. why jump out of the car? just gotta get the stuntmen to wrap you up:

stuntcam.jpg
 
Back
Top