Aaron Koolen
Well-known member
Hi all. Most of you will know that I am planning on the HVX entering my possession in the future. Thing is, that's looking like end of year for me here in New Zealand, after the September (Assumedly) release and then add a few months onto that. I'm at the point where I'm looking at a career shift into more video work, and I want to start producing stuff to gain experience and get a reel together eventually. I own a Canon XM2, and while this is a good camera, really it pales compared to the DVX.
Therefore I was contemplating an upgrade, within the next couple of months maybe and was wondering if you think the DVX's resale value will hold up reasonably well? When a new version is announced, do you feel that sales of the DVX will drop off majorly and so even finding a buyer, let alone one at a good price, will become very hard? I haven't been around the game long enough to have a good statistical analysis on how this usually works, so asking some of your more seasoned fellows.
My plan would be to flog off the XM2, get DVX, and flog that off when HVX comes around, hopefully not losing a lot of $$ in the process.
To give you a little more info, I do not make money with my camera (yet), if I did I probably would go an HDV route for now and then upgrade as I can recoupe the $$ spent.
Cheers
Aaron
Therefore I was contemplating an upgrade, within the next couple of months maybe and was wondering if you think the DVX's resale value will hold up reasonably well? When a new version is announced, do you feel that sales of the DVX will drop off majorly and so even finding a buyer, let alone one at a good price, will become very hard? I haven't been around the game long enough to have a good statistical analysis on how this usually works, so asking some of your more seasoned fellows.
My plan would be to flog off the XM2, get DVX, and flog that off when HVX comes around, hopefully not losing a lot of $$ in the process.
To give you a little more info, I do not make money with my camera (yet), if I did I probably would go an HDV route for now and then upgrade as I can recoupe the $$ spent.
Cheers
Aaron