Why is Screenwriting "Off Topic"

I don't know why I never really noticed this before, but why isn't this forum in the "Filmmaking" section instead of "Off Topic".

Surely it is just as relevant and important as "Business/Post Production".

Screenwriters get no respect. :)

Chris
 
Don't take the sections headers too seriously, because some of them plain don't make sense. No slight intended. I mean Film Discussion isn't exactly off-topic and Stunts are not part of NLE's and...you get the idea. :) I proposed some reorganization last year, maybe we can sneak you into the filmmaking section soon.
 
I guess because its more of a "Directors" forum, even though 90% of us write, but again it is DVXuser.com, and I'm guessing its for the people who use a Dvx, and others alike =)
 
yeah this is strange... saying that scriptwriting is to film like words are to poetry.... It's blasphemy :)
 
well I was just having fun too with it. Screenwriters are the "Rodney Dangerfield" of filmmaking (get no respect! =) Not true at all of course =) Mostly...

Of course DVXuser yeah most of us multitask. Maybe spend a little too much time with our lovely dvx's and should more with a pen =)

Anyways lets all brood some more! =)
 
Screenwriting is not "Off Topic" at all but I admit: I rushed to this forum seeking information about the new HVX and I am hanging around there for month, now. I stumbled over the screenwriting-section a few weeks ago and it is becoming one of the places in this forum I use to visit: SCREENWRITIGN IS GREAT: AFTER ALL YOU DON´T NEED THE HYPER HD FXX IRIDIUM SENSOR TO WRITE A SCRIPT: YOU CAN WRITE IT WITH YOUR FINGER IN THE MUD OF YOUR CAVE!!! That´s what´s so fabulous about screenwriting: the relation of the tools you need and the effect it produces. We really should try to give more importance to this section because dvxuser is becoming a more universal forum day by day.
 
No, this forum is exactly where it should be. Most people would rather talk about pixel counts or avid versus final cut than worry about a script.
 
No, this forum is exactly where it should be. Most people would rather talk about pixel counts or avid versus final cut than worry about a script.
 
"In the beginning there was word." (did I write it correctly?) got a much broader meaning to me when I started writing. There is nothing more essential in moviemaking than the script. But you´re right: Who really cares will meet in off-topic-land, too.
 
Back
Top