Why doesn't Adobe let the GPU do the work?

Magedo

Member
1) Can anyone definitively give a link where Adobe explains how CC 2014 uses the GPU? What does their "acceleration" do these days?

2) Why doesn't the GPU get used more? A CPU is more or less a more permanent fixture on a computer, but upgrading a GPU is a lot easier. Why doesn't Adobe engineer PP to use GPUs more?

Some thoughts I had: maybe it's because people working on laptops don't necessarily have the choice to upgrade GPU? Alternatively, are CPUs more stable than GPUs?
 
I have a gtx 970 and in my rendering process time is cut down dramatically when I have a lot of effects piled up on my timeline but for the most part I have a smoother scrubbing experience. I only see gpu usage on gpu-z only when effects are used whether edting or rendering
 
Back
Top