White balancing video in Final Cut X

svem

Active member
Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows any good techniques in Final Cut X for white balancing video footage?

I found this tutorial online for white balancing a video clip in Photoshop and it works great I think.



Is there anyway to replicate this process in Final Cut X?

What's the best way to locate a white point and black point in an image and then use an eye dropper like tool to sample?

Thanks
 
I find the FCPX builtin WB tool too aggressive for the type of video I work with (underwater - so WB is way off)

I'm using the RGB Parade to be honest now and doing it by eye with them to level the RGB values with either Colorist or ColorFinale plugins

But that Hawaiki plugins look good!
 
I crop the image down to a white area then use the vectorscope to pull the colour bang into the middle, is it the correct way? I don't know but it works for me
 
White Balance plugin from fcpeffects.com

Nice simple blue/orange & green/magenta sliders. It can be had quite cheaply as there are always 40%+ sales going on.
 
Back
Top