Which part of my film would this best fit in?

I am considering filming a crime scene investigation style movie where people are mysteriously killed and I team up with two other people and try and hunt down the killer. When we eventually find the killer, we battle with them and use *pretend guns* NOT real guns, obviously to fight each other with. There is one place I have found which I would like to use as part of the filming, but I am not quite sure on exactly which part of my movie the place would best fit into a crime scene investigation movie in the way I plan to film.

Here is the place I want to film in (one of my friends filmed this, not me):

Which part of my movie do you think the place in the video would best fit in?

Any tips and suggestions gladly appreciated!
 
hes kidding, trying to tell you your location is ugly.

just try to light it dramatically and go shoot a scene there dont overthink it its better than the white walled friends apartments i shoot at
 
Your production design should follow your script, not the other way around.

Knowing nothing about your story, there's no way even to suggest where to use this location, or if it's even appropriate at all.

Whether or not it's "ugly" is up to the beholder (I think it's hideous), but what it IS is stylized, of a very distinctive look, needing a very distinctive reason to use it. If the location does not immediately suggest itself for one of your locations, then the chances are, it just doesn't fit.
 
If I was writing a CSI-type script, the obvious uses for such a location would be:
- lair of the crazed killer where the final showdown takes place
- location for a red herring character, who (perhaps inadvertantly) wastes the protagonist's investigation time before being revealed as not the killer, i.e. both the viewer and protagonist are misdirected by the creepiness of the location
- home for the protagonist, who either has appalling taste or is colour blind, or has just bought it as a fixer-upper and is constantly defending it against the horrified gasps of all who see it.

It does look very empty - be prepared for considerable set dressing, unless you can somehow use it to represent an abandoned location. Hmm, perhaps the killer (or a suspect) has just moved out, and the protagonist must search it for clues, perhaps finding something rather unexpected or even dangerous...
 
Back
Top