Which 35mm lenses for use with a mini35 ?

Monglane

Well-known member
Hi all,

Like quite a few of us here, I'm seriously thinking about buying a 35 adapter, and so I'm looking at my old Nikkor lenses with renewed interest...

However, what focal lengths would be usable in pratice ? Even better, would anyone care to explain the formula/ratio to convert the 35 mm focal lengths to their DVX (approximate) equivalents ?

I ask the question because a 50 mm lens on a 35 adapter looks like quite a long lens already, and I'm wondering if longer lenses (around 105 mm, and even longer telephotos around 200 or 300 mm) would be usable at all, except for very extreme shots.

Question #2 : owing to the loss of light generated by the adapter, what minimum aperture would you recommend ? f/ 2.8 ? f/ 3.5 ?

Many thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:
I believe the formula for converting 35mm still camera focal lengths to a DVX lens equivalent, is to divide the still camera length by 7.2 and visa versa to figure out the DVX lens 35mm equivalent.

A great generic lens to try out with these 35mm adapters is the Nikon 50mm f1.4 or the even cheaper and very good quality Nikon 50mm f1.8. You can find them pretty cheaply at www.adorama.com if you go do a search in their used section.
 
Back
Top