Where's the Story?

Re: Where's the Story?

I am upset you don't give enough credit to the actors, They are afterall the ones who become the characters and tell the story.

I don't think this site is focused enough on actors  ;D :P
 
Re: Where's the Story?

Dude, where've YOU been? Check out DVXactors.com

Keithinator - your orignal post did come off as a bit brusque, as did Barry's reply. It's the Internet; that happens sometimes. I own a DVX and a G5 and all the gear that most of these guys have, and I come here for the fellowship of people with similar designs. That notwithstanding, I'm a writer. I'm weeding through hundreds of scenes and scripts and storylines this very moment. A lot of us are writers. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable discussing story ideas in this kind of open environment. In fact, I recently created my own writing-based message board that is password-protected and extended by invite only to some of my closest "pen-pals".
The same may go for those works that are closest to our hearts. That's why I post clips of my little brother waving a boom-pole in front of a green-screen, or of myself playing my little brother's guitar, doing Darius Rucker covers.
I may just be a Jonny Come Lately, but I never saw clips of "The First Ever DVXuser.com Movie" until it was finished. I just don't think anyone is willing to chance the possibility of intellectual property violations. Except Disjecta. But even so, who on earth can steal a film like "Being Disjecta"? Another good example is Uniboob's Chinatown series. His project is also so unique that it can't be stolen...I had him sit down and TRY to explain the complex stroyline to me, and I was baffled. Who on earth writes a Fantasy/Action/Kung-Fu/Christian/Family-drama? So I'd have to echo someone else's comment and encourage you to put some story where your mouth is.

If there's a way to publicly discuss "story" without the risk of theft, then I'm down.
Peace!
 
Re: Where's the Story?

Hmmm maybe I should have added <sarcasm> tags. ;D

This forum is geared torwards the DVX camera itself not actors,stories,etc which is what I am saying.I don't expect to see a massive community here for storywritting just as I wouldn't expect to see a lot of detail going into acting,make-up,etc.

Even though there is a small spot for these things.
 
Back
Top