What software to convert DNxHD to H264 on Windows?

diegocervo

Well-known member
Hi all,

I have to work on a Windows PC during the following weeks and I need to convert some 4K material from DNxHD to H264 for final output.
I tried with Resolve but I ended up with too much compression and low bitrates (around 75 Mbits/sec with 4K files).
On Mac I rely on Compressor, but I don't have access to a Mac these days.

I'm looking for a valid alternative that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks for your help.
Diego
 
Would you share your configuration for H264 encoding on FootageStudio?
I tried different options, but I always get a file with a bitrate lower than the H264 originate from DaVinci.
I'm sure I'm missing something....:)

Thanks
 
Hi all,

I have to work on a Windows PC during the following weeks and I need to convert some 4K material from DNxHD to H264 for final output.
I tried with Resolve but I ended up with too much compression and low bitrates (around 75 Mbits/sec with 4K files).
On Mac I rely on Compressor, but I don't have access to a Mac these days.

I'm looking for a valid alternative that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks for your help.
Diego
Use ffmpeg, you can encode H.264 all the way to lossless.
Cost: $0
 
Back
Top