What Kind Of Computer And Software Do I Need

firmgrip

Member
I Have most of my footage and now I need to edit. I have an older computer but I am willing to buy something new. I find technology overwhelming and i do not know where to start. what do I need if i want to edit with the best quality in the final product. I have no idea what I need to get it into a computer, as in which cable is best to bring it into a computer with? Any help, and i will be off to a better start than just sitting here trying to figure it out with my brain. I have the DVXA model. thanks.
ryan
 
Wow well first you want to find out what NLE you want to use because that will start you off with Mac or PC. Once you find that I guess we can more detail an answer for you
 
MAC has some starter computers for a decent price, ready to go out of the 'box.' Again, depends on your needs, how much you intend to edit, what type of editing etc...
 
Really, without getting into the PC v Mac debate, you need to do some research on NLEs. There are many good ones out there. It would be a good idea to set down and think about where you're headed regarding your editing to find out what is really necessary and what is a luxury.
 
Back
Top