What is a 'one pager' ?

I have my definition of a one pager for a feature length spec screenplay, the one page synopsis of the story. I write mine with the title centered, byline, and then I write a narrative summary of the story in present tense, one paragraph for each of the acts. I do this in Georgia font, 10-12 point. Works out to 500-1000 words.

I am interested on how you all define a 'one page' (a.k.a. 'one pager')-- as might be requested of an agent or prodco when they want to see the screenplay along with a one page. I am seeing differently written one pagers from different friends, so a thread on this could be of use. Anybody have links to samples of a one-page? Anybody care to attach a sample of their one-page?
 
I am not familiar with the term, "One pager". I have had requests for a script and the "Top Sheet", meaning to send the script and the budget summary page, which is referred to as the "Top Sheet".
 
i would generalize it as: "grab my attention and make me want to read the whole script, and do it with 1 page"

its a written audition, you've got 2 minutes
 
OK, So it's nothing like a double bagger. Thats when the girl is so ugly you put two bags over her head in case one breaks. Ok back to your scheduled announcements.
 
Lame jokes. Seriously.

I haven't heard the '1-pager' term either. Could be to emphasize the synop not to go over a page, as they do sometimes.

a
 
Something like this?

Yes, that is how I write my one page. Let's me clarify my story for myself, and also should an agent or prodco want me to explain it succinctly.

I have been asking around, seems some agents/prodcos want a one page with the screenplays, others not.
 
Back
Top