Weird video sync

TMY

Well-known member
I've had some weird video sync issues in final cut. When I view and edit captured 24pa footage, The footage goes out of sync with the audio. It starts out fine, then goes further and further out of sync ending with the audio continuing over black. The raw QT file plays just fine and after the footage is exported, the footage syncs back up with the audio, ruining the video edit. I've also discovered that some effects will cause the video to be in sync after a full render.

What is going on?
 
Sounds like your project settings are wrong. Read this sticky from the top of this forum:
"FAQ- How to digitize 24pA footage for a 23.98 Edit"
 
Sounds like your project settings are wrong. Read this sticky from the top of this forum:
"FAQ- How to digitize 24pA footage for a 23.98 Edit"

Just read that, and I captured all my footage correctly. I believe the issue is with the way FCP displays footage (or a display setting I have wrong), because the raw QT file is fine as well as any exported clip.
 
Back
Top