Wedding

Robbie Comeau

Como's back. back again
sorry to start another thread, but as i said i am shooting a wedding coming up, in like 4 or 5 days. And you al lsaid to put my dvx on something decent, so i got this

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details.aspx?WebCode=232855

Im gunna mute the whole video, make it about 6 minutes,

im muting it cuz i have the dvx audio only, no xlr's or booms or shotgun mics.

NOW for my question. I want to shot 24pA....but on scene file 3, its used for weddings. I went to scene file three, and changed it to progrssive-24pA

how do i capture this, the same as scene file 6 24pA?

(Easy setup, remove adavanced pulldown 2:3:3:2 removal?)

any suggestions on scene settings to make it look nice?

i wud bump up my detail level to bout +3

thanks guys
 
PS-for price range, im charging wut ever they think of the video. i like doing this stuff and ill do it for free, but i think i might start to charge now...so i told her charge me wut u think, 50 bucks, to 100, or nothing. i dont care, but money is nice. This is my first wedding, but i am experinced, because i have made shorts, music videos, and test runs with the dvx.
 
yea the scenefiles are just like, 6 different "settings" storage quick switches. you can make scenefile 1 24p, and 2 30p and 3 60i... or anyhtign you want. there is no real "scenefile X is for weddings...."


also, on a DVX, keep the Detail at like 0, with coring at +1, Cinegamma curve, Normal color MAtrix, Chromalevel around +1 or +2, and the master ped at -5. you will have a nice clean rich image. That one always looks great.
 
It's my understanding that the only reason to shoot 24PA is if you're output will be to film. If anyone here knows more about it, feel free to correct me. I shoot plenty of broadcast work and I always shoot either 24P or 30P depending upon the request of the client.
 
I shot weddings at 24pa. I wasint going to film on it. It's just a diffrent style of shooting which my clients seemed to love. Stobing is a big issue so watch out for that. I wouldint use 24pa on the first time shooting on that framerate. But see what you feel good with.
 
i use 24pA cuz when i use any other sertting i get interlace, and when i deinyterlace it, footag looks liek ****
 
Back
Top