Voitlander and fs700

John Foundas

Well-known member
Anyone using V glass with the 700? I got away from the 25mm 0.95 when I sold my AF100.
I'm eyeballing the 35mm 1.2 and the 50mm 1.1 and then the Canon 24-105 with MBSB adapter.

Thoughts?
 
Voigtlanders work well with the fs series but ergonomically they are rangefinder lenses and therefore small by design.

There are two other 35mm f0.92 lenses on the market which will out perform that voightlander on APS-C, the mitakon (i'm selling one) and the SLR magic one. Also a 50mm f1.4 with a speed booster will also out perform it.

The Voightlander 35mm is full frame but for rangefinder, so there's no way you can take advantage of the full frame image circle on a FS700.

The 2 APS-C designed ones do a similar job as the speedbooster but integrated into the optics of the lens itself, so perhaps better quality. Both the mitakon and SLR Magic versions are cine designed so stepless aperture and good focus throw.

A full frame 50mm f1.4 with a speedbooster or turbolens adapter would arguably get you a cheaper way to reach the same end result (similar field of view and depth of field) albeit with more barrel distortion.

I have the 50mm f1.1, it's a lovely lens but i never use it on my 700 (or at all in fact). I recently shot with the contax zeiss 50mm f1.4 in near darkness with the speedbooster - ergonomically much easier than the 1.1 i feel.

hope this helps
cheers
Paul
 
Back
Top