Uprezzing with Premiere...

BrandonC

Well-known member
Hey guys, it's my understanding that the easiest CURRENT way to uprez is with photozoom pro (of which there is a demo of), but does it work with Premiere?

I've exported to TIFF files numerous times (most times for rotoscoping) but I wasn't aware that you could IMPORT them as a movie file?

Now, I'm pretty sure that I read that's how you have to uprez, export as TIFFS, uprez with Photozoom pro, and then import the TIFFS as a movie file, and voila.

So the question is, how do I import the TIFFS has a movie file?

Also, when I'm expecting to uprez, do I have to be editing in a widescreen timeline, or can I just crop the 4:3 image?

Thanks guys.
 
Well, not all of us here are guys.... :huh:

But to answer some of your questions, yes the uprezzing works with Premiere. In fact, Dsjecta, the guy who wrote up the "recipe" for this process uses Premiere. It is easy to import your TIFFs as a movie file. Just select the first numbered file and then check the check box at the bottom (I believe it says "numbered files") and they'll import as a movie sequence.

As for your last question, you'll have to be more clear.

Hope that helps, guy. :grin:
 
dv: Yeah man, thanks alot!

I found that really big thread about it all and it cleared up all my questions.

However, I'm not fully aware of why when I uprez, each TIFF file is 35 megs. That seems excessive, so I think I'm doing something wrong.

I'm uprezzing to the right pixel size, the 720 by whatever it was. And I figured that it was right, even with the massive files, but when I tried importing the TIFF file, it said that it was too large a resolution for it to accept.

So...what's going on now? Do I have to change the "PRINT SIZE"?

Thanks again.
 
Back
Top