Uprezzing SD to HD ? What is the best method?

broughtonfilm

Well-known member
Ok, ok, of course I understand it won't turn an SD image into HD... but what are the best ways of uprezzing? I remember once using a plugin for AE called Instant HD long time ago. I remember being surprised by how much better the results were compared to doing it by simply changing the scale parameter of the SD image. I'm wondering if similar results can be achieved with a combination of various effect / settings in AE ? Or maybe some NLE do it better these days? Can someone recommend a good method? The original footage is from a DVX100 camera, shot at 23.98p. Tools available to me are AE CS6, Resolve 11, FCP X and Photoshop. I'll add that clips to be uprezzed are short and very few so rendering time is not a problem. Thanks!
 
I think "Instant HD" was a RedGiant product, they now have "Instant 4k". I have just finished a project and it worked ok. I'm not astounded by the results, but the original footage was so bad to begin with that I guess it did a good job.
 
Back
Top