Bassman2003
Veteran
Hello,
Just opening a topic for discussion here. I have had my own video production companies for 20 years and am always looking for new niches or types of work to pursue. I mainly do small projects, live shows and sports productions. Nothing large scale. I see my business as a local service provider.
I have been seeing more stuff about Unreal Engine and how the virtual and real world are becoming more and more visually similar. The realism is quite stunning. Does anybody see work opportunities on the smaller, local level harnessing this technology? Animations and greenscreen come to mind but I guess I am trying to find the crossroads of time spent learning the software vs actual jobs & revenue that could be created.
I guess the cost and time of an Unreal creations would need to be equal or less than a real video creation unless it would be impossible to make the product in the real world.
Anyway, just wanted to see others' opinions on if this could be used to make the moola. Thanks!
Just opening a topic for discussion here. I have had my own video production companies for 20 years and am always looking for new niches or types of work to pursue. I mainly do small projects, live shows and sports productions. Nothing large scale. I see my business as a local service provider.
I have been seeing more stuff about Unreal Engine and how the virtual and real world are becoming more and more visually similar. The realism is quite stunning. Does anybody see work opportunities on the smaller, local level harnessing this technology? Animations and greenscreen come to mind but I guess I am trying to find the crossroads of time spent learning the software vs actual jobs & revenue that could be created.
I guess the cost and time of an Unreal creations would need to be equal or less than a real video creation unless it would be impossible to make the product in the real world.
Anyway, just wanted to see others' opinions on if this could be used to make the moola. Thanks!