Unknown memory error.

mrblue1022

Well-known member
Okay, so I’ve only been working with Premiere Pro 1.5 for a few weeks now after years of being an Avid man. I’ve got a project I’m trying to export to MPEG-2 but Premiere isn’t cooperating. I tried it this morning and it stopped half way through and the error message said “Unknown Memory Error”. Does anyone know what this means?

Also, for those who have been using Premiere for a while, can you give me some pointers and tips for exporting sequences? Thanks

Rob
 
Hmmmm, never had that one. Just a blanket check:

If you’re running XP SP2, make sure you have latest Update for Adobe MPEG from Microsoft (look for key word: KB886716 in downloads):

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

Than make sure you have the latest update of Mainconcept encoder:

http://www.mainconcept.com/adobempeg/downloads.html

Than try rendering using the following method:

File > Export > Adobe Media Encoder >

For FORMAT select MPEG2

For Preset, select NTSC MPEG-2 Generic

See if that helps.
 
BAM problem solved. Thanks keithsoucy.

So I downloaded the MPEG Encoder version 1.3 update. I went into Premiere and clicked on Adobe MPEG Encoder and got an error message that said "Invalid Premiere serial number. Premiere will have to be reinstalled." But when I went into Adobe Media Encoder and exported to MPEG2-Generic I had no problems.

Rob
 
Don't know if it's related: I had the same problem with a system that I downloaded the trial version of PPro1.5 first, than installed the full version from disks. The solution was to uninstall both and start over. Error went away.

Keith
 
Back
Top