Trying to Remember Film Contest that Started and Ended with Photograph?? Please help!!

SeeingSaenz

New member
Howdy!

This is my first post here and I am hoping that someone can help me figure this out. There was a film contest that happened probably over 10 years ago if not closer to 15 years ago. The premise is that whoever was sponsoring the competition (I don't remember) gave the first short film. It was some sort of dramatic/suspense/mystery. The film ended with a photograph (maybe a Polaroid??) From that point, the first set of entries was open. The participants had to start their film with the photograph as the basis for the opening scene and continue the story from there.
At the end of their story, they too had to end with a photograph. A winner was chosen and the process was repeated for the next batch of entries. They made this into like a five or seven parts story or something. Then the final short film was a compilation of the other winners and even brought some of the actors in.
I don't remember who sponsored this but I was just talking to my boss about this idea and I cannot find any reference to it and I am pretty darn good at Google-ing. Can someone out there please tell me they remember this contest and help me find the samples on YouTube if they still exist?
I remember there was a taxing driver in one of them and I think he was wearing one of those Irish Flat Caps. That's all I have. I hope this can jog some person's memory. Thanks in advance. Cheers!
 
Back
Top