Transitions ignored ??

Monglane

Well-known member
Hi,

I've put together a 2-minute clip on a PPro 1.5 timeline as usual. It opens with a fade from black, and closes with a fade to black. Within the clip, there are also a couple of cross dissolves.

Once I'm done, I go to File|Export|Movie, and in the Settings I specify "Work Area Bar" because I don't want to export the entire timeline.

The export goes just fine, but when I look at the finished clip, I notice that the opening and closing dissolves are just not there : the clip begins on the first image, without transition, and ends on the last image without fade to black. All of the in-clip transitions work fine, as they should.

I've never encountered this problem with Premiere... If any of you guys has any idea as to why that happens, please do let me know !

Thanks a lot in advance.
 
..how are you doing the fade to black? .. if you r not doing this already, just make a black video clip.. you can create one in PPRO by right clicking in the file bin (or it think you can do it on the timeline too) and selecting "new->black video" then just use an opacity change on the black video on a layer above your main clip to bring the opacity of the black video from 100 to 0 in the beginning and 0 to 100 in the end.. or use it on the same track in the timeline with a dissolve transition. do a test render of only the area with the transition in the work area to be sure its ok.. should be fine.. i do it all the time.
 
Hey IAL,

Tks for the tip ! It works. I *had* tested with black video but I had left the dissolve at the end of the last clip (hadn't moved it across the last clip and the black video).

I'll remember that, although I still wonder why a simple cross dissolve that makes the image go black in Premiere's monitor isn't included/reproduced in the exported movie...
 
Back
Top