Tim Russert - RIP

crazy and sad to think he is dead. my most vivid memory of him was with that dry erase board counting up votes on election night 2000. RIP.
 
That is shocking! He always seemed willing to be even handed in his interviews...tough on everybody. R.I.P.
 
crazy and sad to think he is dead. my most vivid memory of him was with that dry erase board counting up votes on election night 2000. RIP.

Yeah, I sat up all that night with Tim "Florida, Florida, Florida". He's one of the few "news/entertainment" folks I don't immediately turn off.
 
Though it hadn't been as much recently, Meet the Press was a weekly hard appointment for a long while. RIP.
 
Holy crap!...That is terrible...His was one of the few political shows I could stomach because he always maintained a civil discourse. Sad...horrible...
 
"Meet The Press" - 60 years makes it the longest running television show ever.
 
Indeed, a terrible loss. I'll miss Meet The Press without him.

Shame he couldn't have seen the outcome of the election.
 
He was an icon of American journalism. How many other people have ever been so simultaneously tough and fair? None come readily to mind.

I also have "Wisdom of Our Fathers" (I received it as a Father's Day gift two years ago). You could tell by his writing that he took fatherhood very seriously. His own son liked him so much he got his dad and grandfather's initials tatooed on his arm.

Tim had just returned from a family vacation in Italy, which was to celebrate his son's graduation from college.
 
He was one of the few truely neutral people in American media today. I can't think of anyone who can fill his shoes...
 
Back
Top