The Russian Pirate of the Sea

very cool.

I like it a lot. The acting was a bit over the top, but I think that was the point. The AE work was very good. Though sometimes it was hard to read the subtitles, and since they changed positions a couple of times, it got a little hard to know where to look for them. Also, as a rule, don't do text for subtitles in yellow. It makes them hard to read. Hell, stay away from yellow text on any project, it, besides red, is the hardest to see on a TV and usually they both have the most unintentional artifacting and bleeding.

Get a better mic for the voice over though, and run the voice track through some compression and a little eq, or if you have software that is orented towards mastering audio, find one of the vocal presets and try that.


In all, a lot of great work.
 
you exacly on spot. Audio is not my strongest point .. I am propobly best example when very good audio equpment can show the worse prefformance, in wrong hands. in fact I hated voice over a lot, but with no luck to find beter at moment.
subtitles already changed, to original "white" color" just need to recompress video and upload.
Thank you fo comments, very usefull.
 
you exacly on spot. Audio is not my strongest point .. I am propobly best example when very good audio equpment can show the worse prefformance, in wrong hands. in fact I hated voice over a lot, but with no luck to find beter at moment.
subtitles already changed, to original "white" color" just need to recompress video and upload.
Thank you fo comments, very usefull.

If this is something you are going to show on TV and not just on the web, do NOT use pure white as the color use something like 225R,225G,225B. TV's can not handle whites above 235,235,235. Or, lower the opacity of the text to 90% or so. And it often helps to have a slight black drop shadow, not really a shadow as much as almost a stroke, but only to the right and a little down. Nothing major, but when subtitles go up against a light part of the video, they sometimes are hard to read.

If you take your text and in Photoshop, give it a drop shadow with a distance of 1-3 (depending on text size) and then crank up the Spread to around 40 and lower the size to 1, you get a nice black non-diffused shadow.

If you want, you can upload the vocal track and I can take a crack at it.
 
Back
Top