The New Lens

yes, which is ironic since Meister is German, like Arri, while Samyang is South Korean.

The regular Samyang photo lenses are f/1.4 and the Xeens are T1.5. The Samyang XP photo lenses are f/1.2 and the Meisters are T1.3, so I'd be surprised if the Meisters weren't in some way based on the XPs.

yes, which is ironic since Meister is German, like Arri, while Samyang is South Korean.

The regular Samyang photo lenses are f/1.4 and the Xeens are T1.5. The Samyang XP photo lenses are f/1.2 and the Meisters are T1.3, so I'd be surprised if the Meisters weren't in some way based on the XPs.

Yes, will be interesting to see exactly what they are in the end. They did an excellent job with the DS performance, and the XEEN mechanical improvements are pretty cool.

With CAD aided lens design and modern manufacturing, it is interesting to see how far these big companies can push the quality of lenses available today. Of course tolerance can be all over the map, but within a certain degree, with the right QC they could produce incredible results within a couple years at some incredible price points.

I've never used them, just read reviews. I considered them but now I've gone AF anyway, or at least a lens will have much less utility for me if it can't do AF

I've never used them, just read reviews. I considered them but now I've gone AF anyway, or at least a lens will have much less utility for me if it can't do AF

oops, sorry, I deleted, I was going to try and find another review. I began to wonder if I found the right review. The Samyang XP 35mm F1.2 has two different versions. One is black and another has a red band accent. So, I wasn't sure which was which. I think the red band one is a crop version for Fuji X.

Decided to just o with this one. Seems to not be all that amazing, but also a good performer, if that makes sense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wX7xvcoN9I

Some CA and loca, but at least CA is getting easier to correct.

Some barrel distortion.

By F2 the lens is really really good though, and that is perhaps the more exciting aspect. If the aperture is still circular at F2 or T2.1, then these might end up being nice under dog in the budget sharp lens realm. I guess we'll have to see what the prices are.

Last edited:
Back