Tentacle E Recorder - $349

Why can’t it just be split like has been done forever with full size XLR’s sources? Why would the mess be necessary?

To split up the source coming in from a full size XLR from phantom powered shotgun is even more bulky / expensive, if you want to do it properly:

It's available for preorder.

Anyone have any success ordering from say Canada and having things with regulations delivered within the US?

I ordered my Tascam Dr-10's, which had the same US restrictions, from the UK without a problem. Do a search. I will do the same with these.

I wonder if that output jack will be enabled in the U.S. or will it be disabled similar to other non-Zaxcom products?

Talked to one of my audio dealers last week about building a splitter cable to split my lavs into my Lectro belt packs and the Tentacle Track E’s simultaneously. I’ll probably talk to him again next week since he’s off this week for Thanksgiving. He didn’t say it was impossible, but will mainly depend on what the Tentacle is expecting to see signal wise.

Just picked up my E recorder last night from BH. Initial impressions: Compact, robust little unit. Operation is simple and straightforward. App is very good and functional. Good sound quality with my Oscar lav, but the included mic has a decent amount of self noise (not unexpected I guess). The micro SD door design is a little wanky. The rubber sled that holds the sd card is rubbery, so it makes it a little awkward to insert/eject the card. No controls except record/stop and on/off can be accessed on the unit, so if you want to change the gain/bit depth, etc you need the app.. All in all looks like a winner. Feels good to by from a boutique company like Tentacle. Sort of like buying from Etsy instead of KMart ;)

Back