Surround Sound software

I know SONAR 4 can create 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1 dolby surround sound among other things BUT its a PC based software. I have a MAC G5 so what are my options that are compatible with apple? What about pro tools? If so, what version of pro tools?
 
Re: Surround Sound software

Only the TDM version of ProTools can do surround mixes, and those systems are seriously expensive. It might be more economical to get a PC and dedicate it to Sonar. There are also other benefits to having seperate video and audio machines.

Hope that helps.

Chris
 
Re: Surround Sound software

you can always manually (and difficultly) do a surround mix in normal protools by mixing your 6 channels down to stems, exporting the discreet channels, and compressing it with APack. Takes alot of tweaking, but it works.
 
Re: Surround Sound software

haha true... you get a cookie for easy surround mixing ;)
 
Re: Surround Sound software

You have plenty of options...

On the Mac Platform you can use Logic Pro or either Cubase SX or Nuendo to do surround mixes with Nuendo being the most robust of the two. I'm pretty sure you can mix in surround in Digital Performer 4.5 but I'm not sure, you would be better off with either Logic or Nuendo for that type of mixing anyway.

Nuendo is my app of choice.

Matt
 
Back
Top