Sundance 2011

Mark Harris

Pain in the ass
Anyone going, drop me a note if you want to hang.

Will be there from the 18th-27th. Working some of the time, but definitely going to make the hang. PM or email me.
 
Not as many as we wanted. On the whole, I have doubts about this stuff on a mass scale. But I think it an be fun at say a corporate event, like a new product rollout or trade show. It's enormously expensive to do this stuff, so you need deep pockets and I think a real focused timeframe.

But I think my software has a lot of uses. Like, say it's tracking a story and the talk about that story on the web. It can be told to release certain short films, say, when enough people talk about XYZ. Or when say someone scans a secret barcode at a theater. I think that stuff can be a lot of fun leading up to a movie premier. Naturally, it's suited to conspiracy, sci-fi and the like, but I think also a comedy could benefit from this kind of build-up.

Or maybe release episodes of a series only as the critical mass builds on the web. Enough people talk about it, the next episode comes out, that kind of thing.

Still experimenting and will be rolling out some stuff on my feature THE LOST CHILDREN this year. Also going to be talking to some haunted houses about maybe incorporating some of this stuff. I have some cool ideas around that.

Also, was real pleasure to work and hang with the Sabi boyz out there...
 
Back
Top