Storage racks for mini-DV

valdez

Active member
I wasn't sure where to put this but it's for a long doc film so...
I have 300+ hours of Mini-DV tapes to log edit/ etc. and I've got to get them better organized so I'm trying to get them in some kind of drawers/ racks. The only ones made for them that I can find are those cheesy Rax and Bryco ones that mount to a wall and are just half exposed all the time. I want something that can close when I'm not using them so they don't get dusty; like a drawer or something, I'll probably measure them and hit target or something. Anyone have any good suggestions like what you use yourself for long form docs? Thanks
 
Damn! Something else I didn't know I needed until I saw it!

Seriously, though (actually, I was) thanks for the tip. I also need to get a handle on storing/archiving my tapes.

Robert
 
Hmm,
Thanks for the suggestion, but not what I had in mind. Guess I'll just hit target or something. I'd go broke before I'd house all my tapes that way, and they'd be a pain to access. I'll just go with a drawer organizer. So it looks like those are the only ones that exist for mini-dv after all... No wonder they're makintg a killing on them! Can't wait to switch over to data storage in the shooting phase, that's going make life so much nicer, almost as nice as the film to video jump in editing. Ah, when I can afford an HVX-200.
 
Back
Top