Starting from square one

sbryan

Well-known member
Hello,

I'm using the Adobe Video Bundle, and I'm pretty impressed with it. But the way I use it is just to get by, I'm not utilizing the software as many people here do. (ex. photoshop logos animated and given motion in After Effects).

I want to achieve great results like that, and I feel that right now I'm just moving around in the dark hoping that I don't stub my toes. I work as a computer technician, and I'm good at remembering technical details... so I feel confident that I have the capacity to learn.

But where to start? How did you folks make it to your level of expertise?
 
My level of expertise is world renowned so you should listen to me. You need to sign up for the 20 week 'Adobe Course to Teach You How to Use Everything For a Good Solid Production Workflow', or ACTTYHTUEFAGSPW. It only costs $120/hour.

Seriously though, I am learning now myself and for me the best way to learn is systematically. Pick up the Adobe Classroom in a Book or any other book or tutorial that teaches you how to use the most basic features (while showing you the keyboard shortcuts) and that explains what the most basic features are. Then you can graduate to the next level when you have that down. I am learing right now how to use PS and Premiere and will eventually get to After Effects, Audition and other programs as well using thsi method.

I have used Total Training's tutorials and they are really helpful. I really like video tutorials. I just wish Captain Mench used Premiere instead of Final Cut. His stuff is cool.
 
Back
Top