Standard definition (sd) in the HD World

Bruce Morgan

Well-known member
Hello again
I n reading the posts I get the feeling that shoting standard definition is very limiting for any future market in documentary work .
Would someone please comment on any uprezzing steps that can be taken .
I have a bunch of good interviews on standard definition and I dont see just giving up .
Any advice on websites or techique is great .
The posts on discovery requirements are intially chilling but I am sure there are exceptions
Thanks for some advice .
Cheers
Bruce
 
If the content is great, the standard does not matter as much. Yes HD will help you. But look at all the great docs like MurderBall that had a very nice run at the theatres. Content is King.
 
It is all about the content. I certainly won't turn something off because it wasn't shot in HD.

I bought an HDV camera, but that's because I was in the market for a three chip camera and I had enough green for an HDV. I always try to buy the best I can afford and I'd suggest the same for anyone.
 
Thanks
You guys do help shake out the issues .
This documentary contains one of the few highly positioned training personel in radar who was at Ft Monmouth when we experienced "unknown " or "ufo" activity in july 1952.
The other has atest pilot who was involved in the first air to air nuclear -test attacks ,referred to as "THE JOHN SHOT " 1957.
Content aside - my challenge is ironically positive in a strange way .
Much of the B roll or cut aways are originated on qulity black and white film
( as opposed the standard definition video 60 i interview )

SO
I could rent an HVX or better in Los Angeles in order to be ready to have acceptable origination footage transferred to the network acceptable resolution file format .
So
Thanks guys
Ill querry with each network and cable channel and ill post results .
Once again I do appreciate the feedback .
Cheers
Bruce
 
Back
Top