Some shots from Senegal.....

MattC

Veteran
I went to Senegal, Africa to do some prepro on a potential doc. Here are some stills I took. Camera is a Nikon D1X.

Chief.jpg


Girl.jpg


NobleWoman.jpg


Let me know what you think.

Matt
 
Thanks Kai! I think I'm still going to do some more work on them, but I have so many! Unicef is going to be publishing some of them and they want to send some to National Geographic - Keep your fingers crossed!

Matt
 
Nice shots Matt. Especially the first two. I frequent the pages of NG, so I'll keep my eyes open. Must have been quite an experience. Let's see more....
 
I was thinking NG the whole time... thinking, "these are good enough for National Geographic".

I'm glad that was your hope/intention as well.

Does anybody REALLY remember the digital cams from 8 years ago? It just blows my mind at what's possible today. I mean honestly... how much better can shots like this GET?
 
Nice pictures. I have a friend from Senegal here in Japan, so I will be sure to get him to take a look.
 
MattinSTL said:
Does anybody REALLY remember the digital cams from 8 years ago? It just blows my mind at what's possible today. I mean honestly... how much better can shots like this GET?

I do. Probably even from 10 years ago. My first was some HP point and shoot. No preview lcd, bulky as today's SLRs and best of all - 640x480, woohoo! All at around $500. :Drogar-Evil(DBG):
But keep in mind that Matt's camera is actually from 5 years ago, not that far off :)

And those are really great shots, Matt. Love the 2nd one, such a cute girl.
Good luck with the NG thing :thumbsup:
 
Yep this IS old tech.... This summer I go for the D2X... Problem with NG is they don't normally accept digital files, except in rare cases. We'll see... And Matt, it's not so much that they get "better" it's that they get bigger, which effects print output and your ability to crop. For studio work I still prefer medium format for that reason.

Here are a couple more:

boy.jpg


Turban.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top