Short Film script critique!

Hey guys,

Just wondering what do you guys think of the idea where a protagonist (seemingly innocent at first) ends up being a cold blooded serial killer revealed at the end of a 7-8 minute film? Hmmm actually don't know if festivals

I get it's kind of cliche but i haven't seen it done in a short film yet!

All critique is welcome!

Thanks,

Sort of like "Psycho"(1960) in 7 minutes?
 
Hey guys,

Just wondering what do you guys think of the idea where a protagonist (seemingly innocent at first) ends up being a cold blooded serial killer revealed at the end of a 7-8 minute film? Hmmm actually don't know if festivals

I get it's kind of cliche but i haven't seen it done in a short film yet!

All critique is welcome!

Thanks,

It would be doable I guess, but very delicate. The thing is, we won't really have all that much time learning about our protagonist, nor lay out too many cues as to his descent into imminent darkness figuratively speaking. When doing these things, they seldom work well if we don't know the protagonist well enough, which is a daunting task in only 7 or 8 minutes.

That said, it could obviously work and be pretty exciting, but I'd be very wary of making sure the characters are well written. If not, we'll just be left with two different characters whom will be somewhat confused about, rather than feeling the actual betrayal which you want to displayed.
 
Back
Top