I shoot jewelery for TV, but the client is now needing stills for print. We'd like to add this to our list of services, but I need your help getting set up.
What camera body and glass do you guys/gals use when you shoot jewelery? I currently have access to a Nikon D50 body and one of the Canon Rebel models (not sure which right now), if they're adequate. Is there a different camera body you'd suggest? Which lens? Anything else, equipment wise, you'd suggest. Jewelery is a lot of diamonds, rings, pendants, bracelets, etc... No watches (yet). Extreme close-ups and full piece shots will be needed.
For a budget, I'd say $500 - $1,000. If the D50 is adequate we'll just buy a quality lens. If we should step up to a better body with glass and it's going to cost more, we'll re-evaluate the budget. All opinions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Michael.
What camera body and glass do you guys/gals use when you shoot jewelery? I currently have access to a Nikon D50 body and one of the Canon Rebel models (not sure which right now), if they're adequate. Is there a different camera body you'd suggest? Which lens? Anything else, equipment wise, you'd suggest. Jewelery is a lot of diamonds, rings, pendants, bracelets, etc... No watches (yet). Extreme close-ups and full piece shots will be needed.
For a budget, I'd say $500 - $1,000. If the D50 is adequate we'll just buy a quality lens. If we should step up to a better body with glass and it's going to cost more, we'll re-evaluate the budget. All opinions are welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Michael.