Seven Deadly Sins

AnamorphFreak

New member
Hey guys,

I'm actually not all new to this page, but since now I was a passive member. Nevertheless, I decided to get a little more active and that's why I thought I could show you my last bigger project which is called "Gregor Schmidinger's Seven Deady Sins". It was a photographic project for my final exams. Now I study digital television at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences and I am currently working on my diploma thesis movie which will be shot in 2009. I know it's a long time but I need it, 'cause I've got big plans :)

Anyhow, photograpgy is not my first choice, that is definitely filmmaking, but since photography is somehow "filmmaking light", it's a good way to train at least certain aspects of filmmaking.

Here are the pictures I shot for my finals: http://www.gregor-schmidinger.com
 
I had a hard time connecting the sins with the photos... not all of them... I could see at least 1 shot that went with the intended sin... but for each category I felt a little lost. For example... the "gluttony" shot with the guy's lower lip protruded is good... the other two... ?

The "lust" shots seemed to focus more on gayness then straight out lust... if I chose one I'd say the side shot or the overhead, not the CU.

The best shot of all of them is the "envy" shot where you just see the guy's eye and that part of his face... for some reason that captured the emotion of depressive desire... I can imagine that guy looking at something of another person with disdain and jealousy.

For sloth the couch shot is good... and the drug shot isn't bad... but the crotch shot loses me on the sloth topic. I suppose "sloth" could be translated to self indulgence... but then it overlaps the other categories as pictured.

For hatred I could see the most expressive of the "flag" shots with the apparently enraged man... but the others don't convey hate to me.

That's my honest .02

Clearly you do have photographic and lighting talent... technically the shots are good.
 
Im gonna go ahead and be straight up honest. That is the creepiest god danm thing ive ever seen. I think your photography is great but anything that churns my stomach lightly im not a huge fan of. gluttony spooked me a little bit.
 
Back
Top