Setting questions....

Harry Pallenberg

Well-known member
OK I have tried searching and have found too much / just enough to confuse even more. I thought that if I dragged a clip to create a new seq it would make the clip have the setting of the clip? When I tried that with some GH4 footage I get the setting as seen in the pic below. The clips have a yellow render bar and do not play back smoothly... they use to. My CalDigit drive gets about 150MB/s read and write. I used to be able to play the footage fine yellow line and all... now it stutters so much I cant even watch it, even if I turn quality down to 1/4 resolution.

I also have the setting set to CUDA vs. OpenCL or Software in the Project Settings.

I also tried dropping a ProRez 1080 clip to create a new seq and it shows up as ARRI Cinema... if I open that clip in QT it shows it as Apple ProRes 422 ? Is this not all wrong? I also used to do this fine and edit 4K GH4 footage (set to frame size) with no problems... now also tons of stuttering. Also rendering and exporting seems to be taking longer than usual.

Any help would be great. Do I need to change the Video Preview? OpenCL?
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.14.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.14.45 AM.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.16.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 8.16.58 AM.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top