Sensor Cleaning -- Over cleaning?

sbryan

Well-known member
I'm using the Sensor Swabs from photosol.com and I enjoy their product. However, I'm wondering if there's such a thing as over cleaning.

For you wedding photographers, do you clean your sensor before each gig?

I have one of those air rockets for trying to blow away particles, but it has yet to resolve a problem on its own.

See, this is why I need 3 camera bodies -- one for each lens. :grin:
 
I think I cleaned my sensor plane a couple of times when it got a speck of dust, but as long as the body is kept covered it really shouldn't be necessary.
 
I'm not sure how it gets a spec of dirt in there.

I do shoot in the country a lot, but I always change the lens either in the trunk of my car or inside the bag.

Apparently that doesn't rule out all foreign elements.
 
I notice there's a minor scratch on the back side of my 70-200. How much does Canon charge to correct something like that?

If the price of that repair is reasonable, I might also have them professionally clean my 5D and my 24-70. I went straight from China and 90% humidity to 70-80% humidity in my hometown. I want to be sure it doesn't get moldy during the winter.
 
Back
Top