Screen writing groups - or lack of

Bparry26

New member
Every time I think I've found a screenwriting group or critique group that's a free (most important bit) friendly community to get some feedback on, it's always for novels!

There are a few really good ones that work on a points system, so you have to critique other work to earn enough points to post something yourself.

I've got a script and I'm looking for feedback on the first 10 pages or so but I don't want to have to pay through the nose for it when there could easily be one of these 'point system sites' for screen writing.

Why isn't there something similar for screenwriters? And if there is, where are they hiding!!??
 
Depends on where you are...

In Atlanta there are a few groups...one I founded a long while back called the Atlanta Screenwriters Group www.atlscript.org

I have had friends who left for LA and NYC lament the lack of a similar group there.

We have been free for all this time as well.

We started with 5 guys in a bar after meeting online in a screenwriting newsgroup...simple as that. You should start your own group in your area. I bet you'll be surprised at the number of folks that might be interested in joining.

-M
 
Back
Top