M. Gilden
Canon DSLR Moderator
I finally got the net notify message for the Sony Vegas upgrade special pricing last week. The sale ends tonight, and I'm staring at the final hours of this and wondering if I should bite the bullet.
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading (still on v9 over here), although I already own and use Adobe Production Studio CS6. Vegas 9 has been a true workhorse and I keep coming back to it, but I like the idea of the built in stabilizer and color match options the newer versions bring.
Here's the thing- I briefly tried Vegas 11 and found it rather unstable, and was hoping to hold out for version 12 to be better. The new features are compelling, but I'm hearing that 12 isn't delivering in the stability department. I'm staring at the final hours of this sale and wondering if I'm just better off sticking with 9 for now, and running my footage through After Effects when I need stabilization and color correction (as I currently do).
Ideas / opinions? Is 12 good enough for the upgrade, or should I hold out? I wish I would have downloaded the demo to play with last week so I could decide for myself.
I've been toying with the idea of upgrading (still on v9 over here), although I already own and use Adobe Production Studio CS6. Vegas 9 has been a true workhorse and I keep coming back to it, but I like the idea of the built in stabilizer and color match options the newer versions bring.
Here's the thing- I briefly tried Vegas 11 and found it rather unstable, and was hoping to hold out for version 12 to be better. The new features are compelling, but I'm hearing that 12 isn't delivering in the stability department. I'm staring at the final hours of this sale and wondering if I'm just better off sticking with 9 for now, and running my footage through After Effects when I need stabilization and color correction (as I currently do).
Ideas / opinions? Is 12 good enough for the upgrade, or should I hold out? I wish I would have downloaded the demo to play with last week so I could decide for myself.