Rules

Bischofftep

Well-known member
Hey, all:

Was any consideration given by the folks in charge to films which did not adhere to the rules? Specifically I know of one film that blew by the 35Mb mark, and at least one that's over 6 minutes long.

Just curious,
 
Bischofftep said:
Hey, all:

Was any consideration given by the folks in charge to films which did not adhere to the rules? Specifically I know of one film that blew by the 35Mb mark, and at least one that's over 6 minutes long.

Just curious,
I'd like to know that, too.

Personally, I aborted the download of the 45MB entry because I thought it wouldn't be fair comparing that entry against others, and I haven't yet found the movie that's over 6 minutes.

OTOH, after we submitted, I found that by accident, a piece of fade-out score crept into our movie, extending its length by a couple of seconds. But since it's after 'fade to black', I hope to be forgiven. :engel017:
 
I saw at least three that were non compliant in terms of length and / or file size, don't know how tight that they will be in this regard, but we hit 5 minutes to the frame (could have used a few more, but didn't want to go over).
 
If a film runs long by a few seconds (or a few KB of filesize), they might as well just let it slide. Xcheck, I forgive you. :grin:

I wouldn't want to see anyone DQ'd by a slight technicality; flagrantly ignoring the rules is another matter.
 
Back
Top