modernPrimitive
Active member
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone here has had problems matchmoving footage from rolling shutter CMOS cams like the EX1 or Red. I know image distortion is only evident to the human eye during fast whip pans but surely even slower pans will cause enough distortion on tracking points to cause problems with solves (or am I talking crap)?
I'm thinking of getting the EX1 or the HPX170 and since the work I will be doing will be vfx intensive I think this is going to be a huge deciding factor.
Just wondering if anyone here has had problems matchmoving footage from rolling shutter CMOS cams like the EX1 or Red. I know image distortion is only evident to the human eye during fast whip pans but surely even slower pans will cause enough distortion on tracking points to cause problems with solves (or am I talking crap)?
I'm thinking of getting the EX1 or the HPX170 and since the work I will be doing will be vfx intensive I think this is going to be a huge deciding factor.