Renting a DVX100 for a project

JarrettGrant

New member
On Saturday (December 10th), I’m shooting a “behind the scenes, making of” documentary of an Investors Trailer for a feature that the Producer has been nuturing for many years.

I’ll be using a DVX100 (not a or b) for the first time (renting) and have been reading all the information that I can locate. This site and all of its references have been very helpful and I want to say has prepared me well! Thanks to all the knowledgeable contributors.

I’m typically to be found in a FCP editing suite but could not pass up this opportunity …

The DP is planning to use a fully accessorized DVX100a (or possibly a HVX200 if his order arrives). The Gaffer has a truck full of equipment. The production designer is turning an upscale home into a 1960’s southern residence. And if all that weren’t enough, the producer has two veteran film/television actors for the scenes.

I'm excited about the project and hope to share the results.


 
Good deal man. Be sure to check the menu to see what mode you're using, 60i, 30p, 24p or 24pA. You'll need to know so you can set FCP to capture the footage properly.
 
Thanks for the heads up.

I'm planning on shooting in 24p using scene file setting f5. Then cutting on my 1.25 GHz PowerBook using FCP 4.5 set-up with a Normal Timeline.
 
if you shoot with a anamorphic adaption lens, be sure to spend the money on a good sony ntsc monitor, and give yourself a good 3-4 daysto get use to the sense and the big big deal is what appears to be in focus never is through the onboard monitor, do not use the onboard monitor for focus reference.
 
-----------Director-------------

That's a good tip. I'm not using an anamorphic lens but will keep the tip in mind for future projects.
 
Back
Top