Rendering to divx from Edius

Malcolm Wright

Well-known member
Hi all,

I have tried using divx compression with procoder express rendering from the edius timeline and the render starts fine, but stalls after about 4 seconds. Cpu activity goes to zero, and the render is stalled indefinitely.
Anyone know what I'm up against here?

Thanks!
Malcolm
 
Hmm...strange again...i just did divx renderings recently, through different ways (direct.wmv export with divx codec) and via procoder/web/no stream, changed settings, and a mac divx to end up with a MAC/divx/avi.-however, whatever i did, i could just chosse one Audio setting(which ended in a poor audio-result), when i used the others, i didnt have any audioa at the end at all....on PC at least which was the only place to test it for me..!

However, never experienced the "4 second" nightmare..what settings did you use, which source material..?
 
hvx_germanboy said:
Hmm...strange again...i just did divx renderings recently, through different ways (direct.wmv export with divx codec) and via procoder/web/no stream, changed settings, and a mac divx to end up with a MAC/divx/avi.-however, whatever i did, i could just chosse one Audio setting(which ended in a poor audio-result), when i used the others, i didnt have any audioa at the end at all....on PC at least which was the only place to test it for me..!

However, never experienced the "4 second" nightmare..what settings did you use, which source material..?

Hey: I'm not at home so I can't walk through the settings, but the source material is some 1080 stuff shot with the HVX. I've tried rendering it to 720, and straight Pal, and it hangs each time.

I'll try changing my settings tonight. Its just a huge pain in the butt because each time I have to open the procoder dialogue which takes a good fifteen seconds to load the dialog screen, change settings, launch render, watch it hang, kill Edius, reload edius. Its a painful process :)

M.
 
You may want to try rendering a file out of EDIUS and using PCE for EDIUS in standalone mode. Less variables in the equation that way.

Brandon
 
bhiga said:
You may want to try rendering a file out of EDIUS and using PCE for EDIUS in standalone mode. Less variables in the equation that way.

Brandon

Thanks Bhiga, I'll give that a try.
I guess something similar that will probably work is just rendering to uncompressed and then using the divx converter app without bothering with PCE...
I'll give both a go!

Thanks! I hope you're enjoying your vacation :)

M.
 
I tried the above: procoder express just won't handle divx for me.
The divx converter application itself has no problem doing conversions, but my procoder just does not seem to play well with this codec. No matter what settings I try, the render always freezes before completing itself, even on super small files with very quick render settings.

M.
 
Back
Top