My goal last new years was to make some money, anything, "even 10 bucks" doing 3D work.
Well, I far exceeded my expectations. Not making a living yet but that was not my goal. I have had some pretty good gigs and am now heading up the CGIFest here at dvxuser in partnership with Mattykins.
I've had a major change in attitude over the last week or two. My goals have also changed concerning what I want/need to focus on next year.
Dvxuser is still my source of inspiration, albeit in a round about way. Just little comments here and there that make me think. Watching people succeed and fail and how they, as I percieve, to be treated differently, or how they start acting differently. The ones that continue to meet success and continue to share everything they're experiencing and continue providing advice to the novices walking in their paths.
That's the true spirit of dvxuser.
The good, the bad, the misinterpreted attitudes, I'm sure we've all dealt with or have been apart of, have all reinforced my belief that I still want and continue to be a part of this community.
I've been let down many times because some have lost the spirit for whatever reason. Maybe financial reasons leading to burnout or success leading to egotistic attitudes.
Overall, in my experience it has been and continues to be 99.9% a positive experience and I'm looking forward to giving everything I have to help make a difference in whatever way I can over the next year.
I may go under financially, but I think by focusing on giving, maybe the latter will sort itself out. Call me nieve, haha. I'd rather go down that way than from being greedy. We'll see.
Last year I dont think I had much in the way of goals. Perhaps to further my career in video production which I did in some ways but didnt in many ways as well.
This year I'm taking it by the horns and focusing myself solely on Steadicam operating. Success will be measured not in dollars, but in experience. Other goals include to be more ambitious, more of a risktaker, more outgoing, and more organized.
Love your attitude Raptor. I'm a believer in helping others first and being good at what you do in hopes that financial success will follow. Well, not yet for me, but I havent been nearly as ambitious as I could be. All of that is changing.
A happy and prosperous new year to you Raptor and everyone else here! Thanks for starting this thread, was starting to get a little lazy at the end of the day and needed some inspiration.