Recording Straight to Hard Drive on Mac

farfromsubtle

Well-known member
I was lured in by DV Rack recently, and to my dismay (like many others befor me) I discovered that it was native to the PC. I have an iBook with FCP and I'm not about to go out and buy another laptop PLUS $300 software.

So, I was wondering, have any of you seen/used/reccommended a Mac alternative? Is Final Cut adequate enough to use on a laptop as a field monitor? Can it monitor critical focus accurately? OR is there a plugin or stand-alone software that can do the job even better? I don't see why there shouldn't be, but I am having a tough time finding it, that's for sure.
 
Wow, Apple stepped it up a notch. Nice.

That makes a new G5 all the more enticing.
 
So from what you found out, Apple's Final Cut Pro 5 doesn't do what you want it to do? I have FCP 5 and it doesn't seem to offer the amazing features that DVRack has. I wish FCP did come with these features because I can't lug around my Sony Monitor around all the time. You can however record direct to disk using FCP but there is no way to monitor in or make any adjustments or recalibrations in 'real time'.
 
Back
Top