lyonfilms
Well-known member
A few questions for those who understand camera chip architecture. We own a 300 and have posted a fair number of observations and videos on other posts, especially in regard to the rather terrible skew present specifically in 1080 24PN.
My questions are:
1. Why is the skew so significantly reduced when the camera is in the 720 settings?
2. Why is the mosquito noise noticeably less in the 720 modes? ( in -3 gain).
3. Any news on firmware, if any, for the 1080 issues?
4. Is it certain that all the production cameras that shipped have the latest firmware update? We received one of the first in Oregon and I would like to know how exactly I can tell. Jan?
Thanks!
My questions are:
1. Why is the skew so significantly reduced when the camera is in the 720 settings?
2. Why is the mosquito noise noticeably less in the 720 modes? ( in -3 gain).
3. Any news on firmware, if any, for the 1080 issues?
4. Is it certain that all the production cameras that shipped have the latest firmware update? We received one of the first in Oregon and I would like to know how exactly I can tell. Jan?
Thanks!