PROPS...How to locate?

My brother is music producer and he called today to ask me where I could locate a certain kind of car that he wanted the artist he is producing a song for driving or sitting in, in a music video. How do I go about doing a local or national search for props? He's looking for a 68 GTO.
 
Depends where the shoot is. If you're in LA, you could probably rent it from a place that rents cars for movies. But elsewhere, just an idea - I would go online and try to track down a users group of GTO's, then contact them and I would bet you could get one of the owners to lend his car - maybe even for free. I know there are owners groups for certain cars like ford mustangs, and they just meet every month and talk mustangs and such. My dad used to be in one.

Or you could go to a car show and try to track one down. Or if you see a feature in a car magazine about that car, you could call the magazine and try to get some contact info. But personally I'd start by looking online for an owners group.

just some thoughts...
bill
 
Back
Top